Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pics from the Collectors Show - Post 1 of 2



Everything went real well. We had a steady stream of people coming through all evening, so while the hall was never over-crowded, we still had a pretty decent turnout. There were 38 collectors with various items - last year, the number was around 32.

These first couple of pics (one from each end of the table) are of my overall display. The pics would have looked better if I could have taken out the background stuff (especially the trash can). I got a couple of really good close-ups though, which will be in the next post.
The top pic is taken from the village end, looking towards the castle, while the bottom pic is from behind the castle walls.

This is part of my early Russian army, prior to the Mongol Conquest. Oh, and in case you are wondering (one visitor did ask) I didn't do a "back wall" for the castle as I was trying to create an image of "depth". There would have been a town behind this wall, and the back wall further back, off the table).

(I've had a request - from one of the other collectors - for an early Polish army for next year, which will provide the excuse I need to get stuck into the Polish Winged Hussars I have waiting to be painted and also the rest of my Ottoman Turks and Russians, both of whom fought the Poles! He said the terrain in Poland is very similar to Wisconsin, so maybe I will have to visit up there to get some ideas for scenic layout.)

No comments:

Post a Comment