Sunday, August 16, 2009

Last Minute Panic Before the Show

Just a little over 24 hours until show time.

I won't be doing a full scale siege as I didn't make as much progress as I had hoped with the equipment an attacking army would use, and when I started packing the major bits I did finish, it was pretty clear they wouldn't fare too well under the rigors of travel (even for just a short distance). Given I won't have long for set up and take down, I can't afford to be spending a lot of time on repairs, so I'm just going with the sturdier stuff.

I will still have a pretty cool looking castle scene, with the defenders hurrying to prepare for the arrival of an approaching enemy army.

I threw myself into a mini-panic Saturday when I realised that all my hills have a nice "grassy green" surface totally unsuitable for the steppes of Russia. I was tempted to change the scene to a 100 Years War battle between England and France, but I'm going to stick with Russia - if all I'm missing is a couple of hills, it won't be too bad.

I hope to see you at the show Monday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment