Sunday, October 23, 2011

Early Indian Army Finished - Ready For Battle!





Well, I might add some more elephants later.

But aside from that, it's all ready to go. I started painting this lot four years ago. I got the elephants and the horsemen (not the chariot though) done back then, but it's only been the last couple of months that I got stuck into the rest of the army.

These guys are intended for ancient warfare, especially against the Archaemenid Persians, Alexander "The Great" and his successors. But because there were no real changes in the Indian army, they can be used right through to Medieval times. They can mayvbe even go up against the Mongols of Genghis and Kublai Khan at a pinch.

So lots of battles in prospect for these chaps. Now I just have to find the time to fight them!

By the way, I'd hate to be one of the guys standing opposite those elephants as they come lumbering across the battle field at me. See earlier posts on this blog for some close-up shots of the different soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment