Friday, April 15, 2011

Building Better Communities - Japan



Slowly my villages are coming along. They will look more impressive when deployed on the battle field, but this will give you some idea anyway.

My Japanese village is coming along nicely. I think I have sufficient houses now, but still have some wall sections on order awaiting delivery. I don't expect to be adding beyond that, but we'll see. (Again, it's a low priority, but if something interesting appears, I might think about it.)

For my village, I have the options of one samurai's house (the building I have put the walls around), three residential dwellings (with the red tiled roof - yes, I know. Only two are in this photo - the paint on the third was still drying when I took this), a candle shop and a small inn for travellers, and several wall sections, plus a gate of course.

This village should be in action next weekend, as my Japanese army fights my Poles as part of the Pike and Shot tournament I started back in January. I need to get this competition over with so I can move on to my next project for the year.

My major building project for the rest of the year will be an Arabic village that I can also use for early "middle east" battles ("Middle East) covering from Egypt (actually from Carthage, even further west) across to Persia. That's going to be a BIG one.

No comments:

Post a Comment