Friday, April 15, 2011

Building Better Communities - Celts



Slowly my villages are coming along. They will look more impressive when deployed on the battle field, but this will give you some idea anyway.

My Celtic vilage now comprises one residential dwelling and three store houses for the clan's food. Plus, some fencing to surround the village.

I want to add two more residential dwellings. For a small clan, all buildings might be inside the perimeter fence, or there may be no fence at all. For a larger village, perhaps only the storage huts will be inside the pallisade, with the residential dwelling outside. If there were enough of them, "streets" might begin to appear - not as well paved as Roman (or modern) roads of course, but certainly you could see a distinct pathway.

Hopefully, my collection of buildings for a Celtic village will be complete and fully ready for any tabletop battles I may require it for by the end of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment