Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Welcome To My World!



Welcome to my (new) Web site dedicated to my collection of toy soldiers.

At the time of writing, I currently have 9,550 figures painted from a variety of periods back as far as New Kingdom Egypt, through to American Civil War. Most are plastic, all about an inch tall, and all painted by me. I'm the first to admit I'm not as good as some of the real artists whose work adorns the various magazines dedicated to the hobby, but I can do a good enough job to make me happy, and that's the most important bit!

(The above photo gives a good idea of the size - all figures pictured are from around the time of Alexander the Great - from left to right, a Greek Hoplite, an Indian elephant, and Alexander himself!)

When time permits I fight battles with them, using rules that I have written.

As this site becomes more established, you will get to meet some of my key figures, (hopefully) learn a little about the history behind the armies they belong to, and join in the fun as they embark on the various campaigns that I have in mind for them.

Who needs a television set for entertainment when you can ride alongside Napoleon at Austerlitz, or Genghis Khan or Alexander the Great they conquer Asia?

I hope you enjoy the site!


No comments:

Post a Comment