Monday, May 25, 2009

Alexander "The Great" Rides Again?


I was hoping to have some French 100 Years' War infantry finished by the end of the weekend, but at 4 p.m. Monday and I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. I'm a little over 2/3 way done.

Hopefully I can finish them next weekend. I like the way they are turning out, and I'm sure once they get in amongst my English, it will look very colorful!

In the meantime, a photo from last year of some of my Macedonians from around the era of Alexander "The Great" and his conquest of Persia (around 330BC), although they can really be used for any of the Successor armies after Alexander's death also.

The general on the white horse in front is actually designed using a painting of Alexander, and is supposed to represent him (and could if I was doing an historical refight), but once the army is finished I will be creating my own Macedonian commander for him to represent. The figures following the general are his Companion cavalry, which formed his bodyguard, and usually deployed on the right hand flank of the army. The infantry in the center would push forward and try to open a gap in the enemy line, and the cavalry would rush forward and exploit the opening.

Still got a way to go with my infantry figures though. I'm planning on working on them (and hopefully finishing them off so this army is ready for use next year) in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment