Sunday, September 17, 2017

Grand Duchy of Brunswick Now Has Supporting Artillery


(Note: This army is from the latter portion of the Napoleonic Wars - c1810-1815, when the Duke of Brunswick was in exile in Britain and rebuilding his forces, which fought alongside the British in Portugal and Spain, and then in the Waterloo campaign of 1815).

I've previously posted pics of their infantry and cavalry, but up until this weekend they have been lacking an artillery arm. Four guns is probably more than will ever be used at one time with this mini-army, but "what-the-heck!"

With no actual "Brunswick Artillery" figures currently on the market, I used the Dutch-Belgian Artillery 1815 set made by Waterloo (the company, not the campaign/battle) and just painted them as Brunswickers. I figure that given that the British were arming and supplying both the Brunswickers and the Belgio-Dutch, they would have been pretty much the same.

(I like the way the light blue facings stand out against the otherwise all black uniforms of these guys. They actually look a lot more attractive than I expected an army clad predominantly in black to be).

Evil thought: I might just match up my Brunswickers against Belgio-Dutch to see which set of artillery performs better.

No comments:

Post a Comment